Remove Advertisement
Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: RyonaRPG - sadism towards heroine you control

1. RyonaRPG - sadism towards heroine you control

* Download katte-version 8 (katte-versions are forks based from official version 7)
    * Download music for katte-version 8
    * Download RPG Maker 2k RTP (required to run RyonaRPG)
    * General repository.
    * Wiki guide/walkthrough

Recently this game came to my attention. It's made by a bunch of people collaboratively on a 2chan-style Japanese message board. It features many heroines of various games (Final Fantasy series, SaGa series, and others), as well as some original characters.

It's a constant work of progress, and different characters are at different levels of completion (and quality). My current favorite is Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown series

Others with a decent number of images include Monica from Romancing SaGa 3, Riesz from Seiken Densetsu 3 (aka "Secret of Mana 2"), and Lena from Final Fantasy 5.

The game involves you controlling the heroine you picked, and run around various maps doing quests or just exploring/discovering dungeons. Battles are fought in real-time on the map, classic Zelda style, though character stats and abilities are typical RPG form.

There are a number of bad things that can happen to your heroine if you aren't very careful...

Heck, during character selection, you even get to customize the girl's sensitivity in different parts of her body.

I'm right now doing using a wiki to help me keep notes on various aspects of the game, at http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/RyonaRPG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RyonaRPG - Char select.JPG 
Views:	224133 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	111724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RyonaRPG - Abilities.jpg 
Views:	223601 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	111725  
    Last edited by Afker; 03-16-2009 at 10:36 PM.
    All Hail AliceSoft! La la la la La-bu-li~ Al al al al AliceSoft!

Let me know if you need help with any AliceSoft games, or drop by the (Unofficial HF-)AliceSoft Fans group!

Forums are great for asking and answering questions. Searches are great for not having to ask the questions 300 other people have already asked on the forum. Wikis are great for not having to go through 42 pages of mostly irrelevant or redundant search results.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement

Remove Advertisement

3. Wow, nice timing on the thread, considering I just picked this up a couple of days ago myself. The game is pretty unforgiving, especially when your japanese is as bad as mine. The old Game Over thread had some info which helped alot, but for example, I didn't realize what was wrong with some of my characters when they started the game with what appeared to be a status effect with no cure (turns out their clothes were torn up, and needed replacing).

Currently I just made it past the nearby forest level and onto the cave and got some good loot and exp from there, only to be bushwhacked on my way out by a sea serpent that somehow came out of the water after hitting it a few times.

Btw, has anyone figured out why charging attacks doesn't seem to work properly? A lot of the time it fires prematurely and at random intervals, making it very difficult to hit things with it. It seems to be worse in crowded areas (in fact the whole game seems to freeze up briefly whenever an enemy is knocked backwards).
    Last edited by Feckless; 03-03-2009 at 01:41 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
    The old Game Over thread had some info which helped alot
    ah, I wasn't paying attention to that thread because the topic was too general d-:

Currently I just made it past the nearby forest level and onto the cave and got some good loot and exp from there, only to be bushwhacked on my way out by a sea serpent that somehow came out of the water after hitting it a few times.
    There is a sea serpent in the tutorial area too. It is usually neutral/peaceful, but after being hit a few times it'll become super aggressive and eat your char >_<"

Btw, has anyone figured out why charging attacks doesn't seem to work properly? A lot of the time it fires prematurely and at random intervals, making it very difficult to hit things with it. It seems to be worse in crowded areas (in fact the whole game seems to freeze up briefly whenever an enemy is knocked backwards).
    Some status effects (??? and one other I think) messes up with charging attack. Also, multi-core processors can mess with it too. If you open Task Manager, select "RPG_RT.exe", and right click to set affinity, supposedly unchecking "CPU 0" should help (still doesn't fix it 100% of the time for me though).

Let me know if you need help with any AliceSoft games, or drop by the (Unofficial HF-)AliceSoft Fans group!

Forums are great for asking and answering questions. Searches are great for not having to ask the questions 300 other people have already asked on the forum. Wikis are great for not having to go through 42 pages of mostly irrelevant or redundant search results.

5. updated first post, katte version 006 is out.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Afker View Post
    There is a sea serpent in the tutorial area too. It is usually neutral/peaceful, but after being hit a few times it'll become super aggressive and eat your char >_<"
    Yeah, I find it's best to just leave them alone if you can, as even getting close to one is enough to set it off sometimes. They usually stay in one place, otherwise, and don't pose much of a threat.

Some status effects (??? and one other I think) messes up with charging attack. Also, multi-core processors can mess with it too. If you open Task Manager, select "RPG_RT.exe", and right click to set affinity, supposedly unchecking "CPU 0" should help (still doesn't fix it 100% of the time for me though).
    I thought it might have something to do with my duo-core, so I set the affinity to one and it seems to make a big difference. Setting priority to high seems to help too. I also checked all the compatibility options (running in 256 colors, etc.), but I can't say for sure if which one of these helps or not, if any.

Still, it comes and goes. Sometimes I'll get entire minutes without any problems. Other times I'm lucky if can get a single attack off.

7. is there an english patch..?
    生為中国人, 死為中国魂

8. I've never had any luck with it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLGaRuRuMoN View Post
    is there an english patch..?
    Afaik, no.

Anyone know how to put this in windowed mode? I don't really understand the debug at all.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kenshitari View Post
    Anyone know how to put this in windowed mode? I don't really understand the debug at all.
    Hit F4 during play. ba-da-bing

11. Awesome, thanks. I've been digging around in the source and stuff for this game, and I noticed a lot of things that made me chuckle.
    "SAMAMUNE BLADE!" for instance.
    If there's any potential in modding this game, a good start will definitely be tidying up the database.

By the way,
    has anyone figured out how the scripts function? I've been looking into possible areas of translation, and haven't found anything for the dialogue.
    Last edited by Kenshitari; 03-04-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast